Re: Odd pg dump error: cache lookup failure

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Odd pg dump error: cache lookup failure
Date: 2020-08-24 19:08:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 2020-Aug-24, Wells Oliver wrote:

> My pg_dump scripts have been bombing lately, and this is the error I see a
> bit into the backup process:
>
> pg_dump: error: query failed: ERROR: cache lookup failed for attribute 1
> of relation 1152770777

What pg version is this, and can you run the query directly using psql
and have it throw the same error? What do
select * from pg_class where oid = '1152770777'
and
select * from pg_attribute where attrelid = '1152770777'
show? If the latter fails to show an entry for attnum=1, does it
magically appear if you do
SET enable_indexscan=off;
SET enable_bitmapscan=off;
prior to running the query?