Sanity check of shared_buffers value

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sanity check of shared_buffers value
Date: 2023-07-03 19:45:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

Sorry, this is dumb, but I wanted to double check that I'm doing the
shared_buffers calc correctly given it's in 8kb blocks (block_size is set
to 8192).

Want 24GB, which I think is 25165824 KiB so divided by 8 we get 3145728.

Do I have this correct? Usually can test these but wanted to run it by
someone before having to restart the server.

Is there some calc web service out there that idiots such as myself can use
for this?

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>