RDS Postgres & FreeableMemory issues

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RDS Postgres & FreeableMemory issues
Date: 2024-07-12 21:21:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi, I have an RDS postgres instance and every so often my RDS alarm
for FreeableMemory < 16GB (out of 64GB). This gets triggered every so
often, and if I'm sitting there I can diagnose it by monitoring the OS
processes and seeing what's using the RAM, but I don't know how to
diagnose this after the fact.

Is there a way I can figure out which postgres processes were using all the
RAM at some time?

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>