Re: RDS Postgres & FreeableMemory issues

From: khan Affan <bawag773(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RDS Postgres & FreeableMemory issues
Date: 2024-07-15 12:28:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi

Unfortunately, there's no built-in functionality within RDS to view
historical RAM usage by PostgreSQL processes directly, You can use some
approaches that might have insight into your RAM load.
Analyze RDS cloud watch logs, long queries, connection spikes, and CPU
utilization.
If this didn't work, go for RDS support so that they can show you the
Pg_stat_activity view because, generally, they don't offer it.(Enabling
extended statistics or setting up custom CloudWatch metrics might require
coordination with AWS support.)
Thanks

Regards

*Muhammad Affan (*아판*)*

*PostgreSQL Technical Support Engineer** / Pakistan R&D*

Interlace Plaza 4th floor, Twinhub office, 32 I8 Markaz, Islamabad, Pakistan