Re: Partitioning on the date part of a timestamp & PK issues

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Partitioning on the date part of a timestamp & PK issues
Date: 2021-07-15 22:09:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't partitioning by just the ts column
create a ton of partitions per the granular nature of timestamps? Or do I
wildly misunderstand this? Another Very Large Table we have partitioned by
a date field cleanly creates monthly partitions.

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>