Re: Partitioning on the date part of a timestamp & PK issues

From: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Partitioning on the date part of a timestamp & PK issues
Date: 2021-07-15 22:52:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Use RANGE partitioning. https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/ddl-partitioning.html

CREATE TABLE t (
    guid uuid not null,
    seq smallint not null,
    tid smallint not null,
    ts timestamp without time zone not null,
    x real,
    y real,
    z real,
    primary key (guid, tid, seq, ts)
)   partition by range (ts);

CREATE TABLE t_y2021m07 PARTITION OF measurement
    FOR VALUES FROM ('2021-07-01') TO ('2021-08-01');

CREATE TABLE measurement_y2021m08 PARTITION OF measurement
    FOR VALUES FROM ('2021-08-01') TO ('2021-09-01');