Re: Faster pg_resore with autovacuum off?

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
Cc: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Faster pg_resore with autovacuum off?
Date: 2024-07-28 16:35:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

fwiw, we have a lot of materialized views, so restoring a DB on
non-vacuumed tables caused the materialization to take a lot longer than it
would have with autovacuum running as normal. Seems worth experimenting
though.

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>