Materialized views & dead tuples

From: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Materialized views & dead tuples
Date: 2024-06-18 22:28:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Apologies for the daft question, but I am surprised to see materialized
views show up in pg_stat_user_tables with lots of dead tuples. These are
rematerialized nightly and, I thought, this had the effect of
replacing/recreating them anew. Can someone shed some light on this?

--
Wells Oliver
wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>