Re: [pgAdmin][RM5157] Default sort order at start in view table data by primary key by default

From: navnath gadakh <navnath(dot)gadakh(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dave(dot)page(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin][RM5157] Default sort order at start in view table data by primary key by default
Date: 2020-04-21 11:04:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 4:17 PM Dave Page <dave(dot)page(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 11:16 AM Ashesh Vashi <
> ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 3:38 PM navnath gadakh <
>> navnath(dot)gadakh(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dave/Team,
>>>
>>> I have added an option under preferences menu to table data sorting
>>> by primary key.
>>>
>>> [image: image.png]
>>>
>>> Are you okay with text/labels?
>>>
>> "Sort table/view data by primary key(s)?"
>> Question mark (?) is missing your statement, which is must for a boolean
>> flag.
>>

> "Sort View Data results by primary key columns?"
>
> "If set to True, data returned when using the View Data option will be
> sorted by the Primary Key columns by default."

Ok. Will add this label and description.

> Why does it only apply if "All Rows" is used? I don't see any reason not
> to do it at all times.

As per discussion with Khushboo and Akshay will implement for "All Rows" as
primary key columns ordering is already present for other options.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Navnath Gadakh