Re: Upgrade questions

From: Carson Gross <carsongross(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrade questions
Date: 2012-03-14 03:41:46
Lists: pgsql-general

OK, last post on this topic, I promise. I'm doing some math, and I think
I'll have about 100 million rows in the table to deal with.

Given a table that size, I'd like to do the following math:

100 million rows / inserted rows per second = total seconds

Does anyone have a reasonable guess as to the inserts per second postgres
is capable of these days on middle-of-the-road hardware? Any order of
magnitude would be fine: 10, 100, 1000, 10,000.

Thank you all for your patience,
Carson