Re: PostgreSQL Question

From: Pavel Drankov <titantins(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Gaurav Lankepallewar <glankepallewar(at)aumtech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Question
Date: 2017-11-02 12:26:19
Lists: pgsql-in-general

Hi,

About restoring database in 15 minutes... I would say - "it depends". It
depends on disk io speed, backup size and disk durability. Increased disk
load can lead to increasing of disk failure ratio. I mean slowing down may
be connected not with PostgreSQL but with end of your disk lifecycle.

Best wishes,
Pavel