Regarding feature #6841

From: Anil Sahoo <anil(dot)sahoo(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding feature #6841
Date: 2024-04-17 14:07:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Hackers,

This feature is about executing a query at the cursor position. And that
query can be a one line or multiline. I have assigned a play icon button
and F5 as the keyboard shortcut for the Execute Query feature, and for
Execute Script, Playlist icon button and Alt+F5(Others),Option+F5(Mac) as
keyboard shortcut.

As now the query can run at cursor position, so for user convenience I am
showing the current query just beside the Data Output toolbar. And on hover
of the text, it will show the whole query as a tooltip. This query text
will be available for both Execute Script and Execute Query.

I have made the UI change for the feature #6841
<https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/6841>.

Please provide your suggestions and feedback if these changes look okay to
you.

Regards,
Anil
--

<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

*Anil Sahoo*

Software Engineer

www.enterprisedb.com

Power to Postgres

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/edbpostgres>
<https://twitter.com/edbpostgres?lang=en>
<https://www.facebook.com/EDBpostgres>
<https://www.instagram.com/EDBpostgres/>

Attachment Content-Type Size
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 7.32.18 PM.png image/png 316.3 KB
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 7.33.19 PM.png image/png 294.7 KB