Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Anthony Emengo <aemengo(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox
Date: 2018-05-07 08:26:15
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Hackers,

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 2:45 AM, Anthony Emengo <aemengo(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> Hey Akshay,
>
> Regarding your previous comment:
>
> As I know time.sleep is not a good idea and I am new to feature test and
>> in learning phase, can someone correct/suggest the way to fix those issues.
>
> Although the feature tests already have some sleeps, it’s generally not a
> best practice for browser automation. The better way is to use Waits that
> the selenium API provides, mainly because they can accept a condition to
> poll until fulfilled for rather than blocking the main thread of execution.
> http://selenium-python.readthedocs.io/waits.html#explicit-waits. With
> regards to the "fe_sendauth" password error . I’d probably would have done
> it like so (I haven’t tested this):
>
> WebDriverWait(self.driver, 10)\
> .until(EC.text_to_be_present_in_element(
> (By.NAME, 'password', server_config['db_password']))
> )
>
> Tried the above, but not able to fix the issue. time.sleep(0.5) will
work.

> In general, I ran the tests with the Firefox option and am seeing more
> failures than I usually would with Chrome. I don’t feel particularly
> strongly about the patch since our team mostly likely won’t be running it
> over the course of our development. But I still couldn’t *run* the tests
> without modify the code so that the server is up and running before the
> browser automation starts. I think that this should be addressed.
>
> Any thing in particular that I can help with regarding this, please let me
> know! 😀

Attached is the modified patch where I have added "
driver.implicitly_wait(1)" call only for Firefox browser. Only two test
cases are failing on my machine and I am not able to fix those. Please
someone look into it and help me out.

--
*Akshay Joshi*

*Sr. Software Architect *

*Phone: +91 20-3058-9517Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM_3270_v5.patch application/octet-stream 8.1 KB