Regarding feature #6367 "DROP DATABASE can now take the option FORCE ..."

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Regarding feature #6367 "DROP DATABASE can now take the option FORCE ..."
Date: 2023-06-13 08:35:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Hackers

I have started the implementation for feature #6367 "DROP DATABASE can now
take the option FORCE to drop a database even if other users are connected".

For that, I figure out two places one in the Properties tab of the
Databases collection node and the other in the context menu on the
individual database node except the maintenance database. This feature will
be available from PG 13 and above. Please refer to the screenshot below:

[image: Properties.png] The 'Drop with Force' button is visible only on
the Databases collection node. For other collection nodes, it is a 'Drop
Cascade'.

[image: Context Menu.png]

Please review and let me know your thoughts. Is there any place where I can
use this?

--
Akshay Joshi
Principal Software Architect