Re: potential invalid input field of pgAdmin New Column GUI

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Sanket Mehta <sanket(dot)mehta(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, liuyuanyuan <liuyuanyuangogo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: potential invalid input field of pgAdmin New Column GUI
Date: 2014-11-19 11:09:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Hi Sanket

Below are the file wise review comments

1. ctlSeclabelPanel.cpp and ctlSeclabelPanel.h
- Correct the function name "GetCUrrentProviderLabelArray" according to
camel case.
- Use trim before check the empty condition of txtProvider and
txtSeclabel used in ctlSeclabelPanel::OnChange().
2. dlgTable.cpp
- Security label sql not removed from SQL pane of dlgTable even
though I have removed the column.
- Security label sql gets overwritten when I add more then one
column.
- Changes are overwritten in the SQL pane of dlgTable when I have
changed the attributes of the column more then once by clicking
on "Change"
button.
3. dlgColumn.cpp
- Remove comment //code removed for testing from constructor if
testing is done.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Sanket Mehta <sanket(dot)mehta(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Below are the thing I have taken care in this patch:
>
> 1. While creating the new table using table wizard, when any variables or
> security labels are specified for certain column, those were not visible
> on *sql tab* of table wizard.
> 2. when new/existing column dialog is open from table dialog then
> privileges and security labels in column dialog are not being persistent
> for new changes.
>

> Regards,
> Sanket Mehta
> Sr Software engineer
> Enterprisedb
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Sanket Mehta <
> sanket(dot)mehta(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Akshay,
>>
>> PFA the patch.
>> Please review it and let me know if anything is missing.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sanket Mehta
>> Sr Software engineer
>> Enterprisedb
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM, Ashesh Vashi <
>> ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sanket,
>>>
>>> Apart from variable persistence issue taken care in your patch, I've
>>> also observed the data persistence issue with:
>>> (When reloading the existing/new column in column dialog from table
>>> dialog)
>>> 1. Priviledges

--
*Akshay Joshi*
*Principal Software Engineer *

*Phone: +91 20-3058-9517Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*