Re: [pgAdmin][RM3794]:Allow User to Change Database Connection from an Open Query Tool Tab

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Nikhil Mohite <nikhil(dot)mohite(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin][RM3794]:Allow User to Change Database Connection from an Open Query Tool Tab
Date: 2020-09-21 11:54:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Nikhil

Following are the initial review comments:

- Open View/Edit data on any table and click on the same database
connection and then click on the Execute button. Got "get_primary_keys()
takes 1 positional argument but 2 were given" error.
- In my opinion, we should hide the option to change the database
connection for View/Edit Data.
- If the user clicks on the same database connection multiple times then
no need to change the backend connection and transaction id. Add validation
at the backend, no action required in this case.
- The role option is missing from the "connect to server" dialog.
- The Password field should not be there on the "connect to server"
dialog. Sometimes we saved the password so asking a password every time is
not correct. Check the pgAdmin 3 behavior.

Code review still remains.

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*Akshay Joshi*