[pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #3589 Allow user to save/download Explain plan as JPEG/SVG format

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #3589 Allow user to save/download Explain plan as JPEG/SVG format
Date: 2018-12-03 13:09:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Hackers,

I am currently working on Feature 3589 "Allow user to save/download Explain
plan as JPEG/SVG format." I have added one download button to the toolbar
in "Explain" tab, when clicked it will download the explain plan as a SVG
file.

To add this feature I'll have to modify the logic, so instead of providing
relative path of each plan (svg image), I have embedded the binary data
which is required to download the Explain plan.

I have tested it on following:

- *Chrome* (Working Fine)
- *FireFox* (Working Fine)
- *Microsoft Edge* (Working Fine)
- *Safari 10.1 and above. *'Download' attribute support is added in 10.1
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/releasenotes/General/WhatsNewInSafari/Articles/Safari_10_1.html
- *Internet Explorer *(Images are not rendered, shown X icon.). Please
refer attached image.

Attached is the working patch for the above except Internet Explorer. I
have tried a lot to figure out the solution, but unable to fix the issue. *Need
help/suggestions how to fix the issue on Internet Explorer. *

--
*Akshay Joshi*

*Sr. Software Architect *

*Phone: +91 20-3058-9517Mobile: +91 976-788-8246*

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM_3589.patch application/octet-stream 8.8 KB
image/png 72.0 KB
image/png 72.0 KB