Re: Dependencies, and upcoming changes to pip

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Shaheed Haque <shaheedhaque(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dependencies, and upcoming changes to pip
Date: 2020-10-20 07:10:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Shaheed

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 12:09 AM Shaheed Haque <shaheedhaque(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi Akshay,
>
> I noticed that pgAdmin 4.27 updated the dependencies a bit, for which many
> thanks. The current situation from my perspective is not quite all roses
> yet because I get this:
>
> ERROR: After October 2020 you may experience errors when installing or
> updating packages. This is because pip will change the way that it resolves
> dependency conflicts.
>
> We recommend you use --use-feature=2020-resolver to test your packages
> with the new resolver before it becomes the default.
>
> pgadmin4 4.27 requires sqlparse<0.4,>=0.3.0, but you'll have sqlparse
> 0.4.1 which is incompatible.
>
> From reviewing the sqlparse change log, I presume the reason pgAdmin wants
> <0.4 is to preserve support for Python 3.4? I'll need to adapt my installer
> to deal with pgAdmin separately...unless you are planning to require Python
> 3.5 and so relax the <0.4 constraint sometime soon.
>
> Is that likely (or should I plan to make the changes)?
>
> Any input appreciated.

We have used *pgcli* code for autocompletion in pgAdmin4 and we pick
this setting from https://github.com/dbcli/pgcli/blob/master/setup.py. As
they haven't tested their code with the latest version of sqlparse we
should not change it.