Re: Dependencies, and upcoming changes to pip

From: Shaheed Haque <shaheedhaque(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dependencies, and upcoming changes to pip
Date: 2020-10-19 18:39:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Akshay,

I noticed that pgAdmin 4.27 updated the dependencies a bit, for which many
thanks. The current situation from my perspective is not quite all roses
yet because I get this:

ERROR: After October 2020 you may experience errors when installing or
updating packages. This is because pip will change the way that it resolves
dependency conflicts.

We recommend you use --use-feature=2020-resolver to test your packages with
the new resolver before it becomes the default.

pgadmin4 4.27 requires sqlparse<0.4,>=0.3.0, but you'll have sqlparse 0.4.1
which is incompatible.

From reviewing the sqlparse change log, I presume the reason pgAdmin wants
<0.4 is to preserve support for Python 3.4? I'll need to adapt my installer
to deal with pgAdmin separately...unless you are planning to require Python
3.5 and so relax the <0.4 constraint sometime soon.

Is that likely (or should I plan to make the changes)?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks, Shaheed