Re: Regex help again (sorry, I am bad at these)

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Christopher Molnar <cmolnar65(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regex help again (sorry, I am bad at these)
Date: 2015-12-29 19:10:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Chris,

First, even though it may or may not apply in this instance, it is ALWAYS a
good idea (and good manners) to provide the PostgreSQL version and your O/S
when posting to this board.

I have also previously replied that the following should work:

UPDATE pcilms_assign
SET intro = REPLACE (intro, 'HVACR1114_LAB_13A.pdf',
'&file=HVACR1114_LAB_13A.pdf')
WHERE intro like 'https://owncloud.porterchester.edu%'
AND course=18 and id=55413;

NOTE: DO NOT use % in front of 'https: <https://owncloud.porterchester.edu>
It is not needed and will slow query performance.

Your mileage may vary because you have not stated your VERSION of
PostgreSQL or your O/S.

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you