Re: database-level lockdown

From: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Filipe Pina <filipe(dot)pina(at)impactzero(dot)pt>
Cc: Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database-level lockdown
Date: 2015-07-03 18:00:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Wouldn't it be easier just to prevent connections to the database
while your transaction is executed?
EG:
<Connect to your_database>
UPDATE pg_database
SET datallowconn FALSE
WHERE datname = 'your_database' ;
START TRANSACTION;
<Do your_transaction>
COMMIT;
UPDATE pg_database
SET datallowconn TRUE
WHERE datname = 'your_database' ;

--
*Melvin Davidson*
I reserve the right to fantasize. Whether or not you