Barman versus pgBackRest

From: Thomas Poty <thomas(dot)poty(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Barman versus pgBackRest
Date: 2018-03-06 19:53:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Community,

I hesitate to use barman or pgBackRest. I have found a lot of common
points between them and a few differences:

About pgBarman, I like :
- be able restore on a remote server from the backup server
- use replication slots for backingup wal on the backup server.

About pgBackRest, I like :

- real differential backup.
- lots of options
- option for backingup if PostgreSQL is already in backup mode

I would like to have :
- advices or feedbach about using pgBackrest or barman.
- pros and cons of these solutions
- differences that I would not have seen.

Thank you

Thomas