Can I grant permissions to specific set of uids (linux) ?

From: David Gauthier <davegauthierpg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can I grant permissions to specific set of uids (linux) ?
Date: 2018-03-06 20:26:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi:

I'd like to grant select, insert, update, delete to a table for a specific
set of uids (linux). All others get select only. Can the DB authenticate
the current linux user and grant access based on the fact that they are
logged in ()IOW, no passwords ? Is this possible ? If so, how ?

Thanks for any help