Re: displaying line breaks / increasing row height in pgadmin

From: Usman Khan <umk555(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Luke Campbell <lukejcampbell7(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: displaying line breaks / increasing row height in pgadmin
Date: 2024-05-25 06:20:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-admin

Hi,
There seems no automatic way to achieve this in pgadmin 4 yet.

To cater the situation so that you do not miss any such output and get an
immediate clue that particular column or cell contain carriage return we
can tweak with the query a little like following (which replaces carriage
return with '\n')

SELECT REPLACE(your_column, E'\n', '\n') AS formatted_text
FROM your_table;

Additionally, any questions related to pgadmin 4 can directly be asked at
'pgadmin-hackers' for quick response.

Note: Removing psql-hackers and adding pgadmin-hackers in the mail list.