Question about access to db server

From: "T(dot)T Le" <lotus(dot)signals(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about access to db server
Date: 2012-12-08 18:01:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

We are running PostgresPlus 8.4AS on a linux system. I don't need to edit
the config files or to restart the clusters (the DBA will do that for us).
I only need access to help troubleshoot performance issues with the
databases.
My question is: would pgAdmin be sufficient for what i need to do? From
what I understand, i can check the status of the database, view the
postgresql logs, the postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf.

I appreciate your input for my question.

TIA.