Seeking Insights on Choosing the Right CPU and RAM for PostgreSQL Setup

From: Veerendra Pulapa <veerendra(dot)pulapa(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Seeking Insights on Choosing the Right CPU and RAM for PostgreSQL Setup
Date: 2024-07-18 15:33:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear PostgreSQL Community,

I hope you’re all doing well. We’re currently evaluating hardware options
for our PostgreSQL setup, specifically focusing on CPU and RAM. We’d love
to hear your insights on the following:

*CPU:*

- Optimal number of cores?
- Impact of clock speed?
- Preferred CPU architectures?

*RAM*:

- Recommended amount?
- Importance of memory bandwidth?
- Buffer cache configuration tips?

Any advice or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated. Your
input will help us make informed decisions and optimize our setup.

Thank you!

Br,
Veerendra Pulapa | Technical Consultant
M: +91-9949349894 | www.ashnik.com

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/ashnik-pte-ltd/>
<https://www.facebook.com/AshnikBiz>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/ashnikbiz>
<https://www.instagram.com/ashnikbiz/> <https://twitter.com/Ashnikbiz>

--

*_This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and