Re: Need assistance for replication sync issue

From: Veerendra Pulapa <veerendra(dot)pulapa(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: Jwiencek3 <jwiencek3(at)comcast(dot)net>, laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at, ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com, Licio Matos <licio(dot)matos(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need assistance for replication sync issue
Date: 2023-10-20 04:10:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dears,

Thank you all for your response. Below are the general details about our
setup.

Our setup is DC & DR.
On DC: Three nodes(one master, Two replicas) and replication mode is
asynchronous between DC.
On DR: One replica and replication mode is asynchronous between DC & DR.
All four nodes have the same configuration such as CPU,RAM and Disks.
In DC no replication & in DR yes it's always replication lag due to this
our replication got broken.
The setup runs on on-prem RHEL 7.9 and PG 12.x.

Is there a way to perform an incremental data restore if replication breaks
at a certain point? The data size is substantial, and when replication
breaks between the DC and DR, it takes 3 to 4 days to rebuild the replica.

Br,
Veerendra Pulapa | Technical Consultant
M: +91-9949349894 | www.ashnik.com

<https://www.ashnik.com/>