Re: Cannot convert partitioned table to a view

From: Kouber Saparev <kouber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cannot convert partitioned table to a view
Date: 2022-10-07 20:27:40
Lists: pgsql-general

На чт, 6.10.2022 г. в 17:02 ч. Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> написа:

> That is an ancient backwards-compatibility hack that you should not
> rely on, and most certainly shouldn't try to make use of from user
> code. It exists because very ancient versions of pg_dump didn't
> know how to dump views as views. We're more likely to rip it out
> as no-longer-needed than to expand what it does.

Does that mean that the ability to point remote partitions to views (on the
remote side) will be forbidden in the future? Currently this feature is
saving a lot of work (and disk-space) for us, as it allows us to introduce
significant changes to the partitioned tables model without the need to
populate these changes on all the hundreds of past partitions that do exist
(and that we barely read anyway, that's why they reside on a remote server).

--
Kouber Saparev