suggestion for backup

From: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: suggestion for backup
Date: 2012-05-19 17:09:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
In day to day work I need to dump objects of only specific types like
functions, types, view etc from a schema. I know that it will be better to
use separate schemas for similar tasks and already using it. This problem
arises when I have to issue an update script to the client having only
function mostly. And as most of the functions are dependent on others and
having more than 1100 functions it becomes hard to write a list of objects
for pg_dump.
So I suggest to provide a feature in pg_dump/pg_dumpall to backup only
specific type of objects like tables, functions etc. It will be very useful
for users who are in database development.

thanks,

C P Kulkarni