Re: unsubscribe

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Rafal Pietrak <rafal(at)ztk-rp(dot)eu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2017-11-21 07:19:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On 21 November 2017 at 15:17, Rafal Pietrak <rafal(at)ztk-rp(dot)eu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Have anyone noticed, that last couple of days on the list, can become a
> nice example of HOWTO turn the best list on the planet into a nightmare?
>
> Pls forgive rudeness, but IMHO, whoever made the "upgrade" should
> manually take all the "unsubscribe" messages from archive and do that
> "unsubscription" by hand .... instead of giving not always helpfull
> guidance.

The list used to have a filter that blocked messages with "unsubscribe" in
the subject or forced them into moderation the moderation queue.

I thought that'd be preserved with the PgLister migration.

But really, a nightmare? Yeah, it's a pain, but I think that's laying it on
a bit strong. Personally I appreciate the hard and usually thankless work
the infrastructure and admin team do.