Re: unsubscribe

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Rafal Pietrak <rafal(at)ztk-rp(dot)eu>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2017-11-21 09:36:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 8:19 AM, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> On 21 November 2017 at 15:17, Rafal Pietrak <rafal(at)ztk-rp(dot)eu> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Have anyone noticed, that last couple of days on the list, can become a
>> nice example of HOWTO turn the best list on the planet into a nightmare?
>>
>> Pls forgive rudeness, but IMHO, whoever made the "upgrade" should
>> manually take all the "unsubscribe" messages from archive and do that
>> "unsubscription" by hand .... instead of giving not always helpfull
>> guidance.
>

> The list used to have a filter that blocked messages with "unsubscribe" in
> the subject or forced them into moderation the moderation queue.
>
> I thought that'd be preserved with the PgLister migration.

It is preserved.

But they are easily fooled. We can't match every mail that contains the
word unsubscribe (or subscribe) *anywhere*. There are restrictions. And
they have a hard time dealing with people posting in
pure-html-mail-with-no-plaintext-part and things like that.

The filters have trapped around 30 emails so far that didn't make it to the
list because of those.

> But really, a nightmare? Yeah, it's a pain, but I think that's laying it
> on a bit strong. Personally I appreciate the hard and usually thankless
> work the infrastructure and admin team do.

Thanks!

--
Magnus Hagander