Re: PostgreSQL as a triple store

From: Jimmy Thrasibule <jimmy(dot)thrasibule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Seref Arikan <serefarikan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL as a triple store
Date: 2014-08-13 11:42:28
Lists: pgsql-general

> I think you're going to need to perform experiments and decide if the
flexibility you get is worth the performance you're going to lose.
> As you can see from John R Pierce's response it is only matter of time
before someone (correctly) warns you about the performance issues with EAV
derivatives, but then the conversation becomes too abstract, at least in my
opinion.
> Why? Because we don't know how much data you're going to process with
this design, with what kind of hardware.

My data model is not completely ready yet and is still being worked on. But
yes, I think I have first to think more about how I will be using the data
before looking at a storage model.

I will indeed run some experiments before but using this model, I was
planning to but some complexity in the code.

> Also, your requirements sounds related to some projects that use PostGis,
have you taken a look at that?

Never heard of it, I'll give it a look.

---
Jimmy