Re: Multiple connections over VPN password fail error

From: Sanjay Minni <sanjay(dot)minni(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: daniel(at)yesql(dot)se
Subject: Re: Multiple connections over VPN password fail error
Date: 2024-02-09 09:34:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

for the second user/role over vpn
even with md5 I get the error:
P3Error PostgreSQL password authentication failed for user "<seconduser>"
am only able to connect if method is "trust". Why is this so

# IPv4 external connections thru VPN
#TYPE DATABASE USER ADDRESS METHOD
host all all <ip> scram-sha-256 (or "md5" -
second user is only able to connect if this is "trust"
regards
Sanjay