Re: Forks of pgadmin3?

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Forks of pgadmin3?
Date: 2019-03-23 00:36:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 8:04 AM Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com> wrote:

> > On Mar 22, 2019, at 10:56 AM, Christian Henz <c(dot)henz(at)software-vision(dot)eu>
> wrote:
> >

> There's the BigSQL fork, which had at least some minimal support
> for 10. I've no idea whether it's had / needs anything for 11

I just installed BigSQL's v11 of the database to get the pgAdmin3 that
comes with it (I couldn't get the Windows installer to install just
pgAdmin, I had to take the entire server installation along with it) .
Even though it comes with v11, when you start it says it only supports up
to v10, and then gives a series of warnings about catalogs and system admin
functions not being as expected. Once you are past the warnings, it does
work at least on the surface, but I have to think some features aren't
going to work.

Cheers,

Jeff