Re: Parallel Query

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Luís Roberto Weck <luisroberto(at)siscobra(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Parallel Query
Date: 2019-11-13 22:21:26
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 4:01 PM Luís Roberto Weck <
luisroberto(at)siscobra(dot)com(dot)br> wrote:

> Maybe PostgreSQL can't find a way to calculate having estimates?

I wasn't even thinking of the HAVING estimates I was thinking of just the
raw aggregates. It can't implement the HAVING until has the raw aggregate
in hand. But, what is the actual row count without the HAVING? Well, I
notice now this line:

Rows Removed by Filter: 6787359

So the row count of rows=86 is mostly due to the HAVING, not due to the raw
aggregation, a point I overlooked initially. So the planner is not
mistaken in thinking that a huge number of rows need to be passed up--it is
correct in thinking that.

Cheers,

Jeff