Re: Handling idle connections

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar(dot)dba09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Rui DeSousa <rui(at)crazybean(dot)net>, Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Handling idle connections
Date: 2023-09-26 14:55:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 10:04 AM Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar(dot)dba09(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> With regards to handling idle connections, what advice can I give to
> application team ?
>
> I am assuming like tell them "check sessions are closed properly" like dat?

You haven't answered my question. If "query" is truly blank and it is not
just a permission problem, then the issue is not that they fail to close
connections after use, but rather that they open connections and then never
use them.

Cheers,

Jeff