Re: Patch: Auto-generate search_path statement for selected schema in query editor

From: Neel Patel <neel(dot)patel(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Florian Klaar <flo(dot)klaar(at)gmx(dot)de>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch: Auto-generate search_path statement for selected schema in query editor
Date: 2013-03-25 13:02:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Please find the attached new patch file for fix. I have tested in Windows,
debug build, VC++ 2010.
After this fix i have continuously tested it with half an hour to reproduce
the crash but i am not able to reproduce it.

Can you please test and check wether crash is again reproducible at your
end.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi
>

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Neel Patel <neel(dot)patel(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have checked the bug and below is our finding.
>>
>> As we are getting the pane information from the manager and pane could
>> not be found in the manager so at that time wxAuiPaneInfo structure is not
>> valid and when we call Update() then it was crashing. So before calling to
>> Update() we put check for validating the wxAuxPaneInfo structure as below.
>>
>> wxAuiPaneInfo outputPaneInfo =
>> manager.GetPane(wxT("outputPane")).Show(false);
>>
>> wxAuiPaneInfo scratchPad = manager.GetPane(wxT("scratchPad")).Show(false);
>>
>> viewMenu->Enable(MNU_OUTPUTPANE, false);
>>
>> viewMenu->Enable(MNU_SCRATCHPAD, false);
>>
>> *if (outputPaneInfo.IsOk() == true && scratchPad.IsOk() == true)*
>>
>> manager.Update();
>>

>> Please find the patch along with this email and let me know.
>>
> It still crashes for me I'm afraid. Testing on Windows, debug build, VC++
> 2010.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
NewPgadminCrash.patch application/octet-stream 866 bytes