Re: A structure has changed but comment modifications maybe missed

From: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: 甄明洋 <zhenmingyang(at)yeah(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A structure has changed but comment modifications maybe missed
Date: 2023-03-27 02:05:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 10:43 PM 甄明洋 <zhenmingyang(at)yeah(dot)net> wrote:

> Recently when I was reading the TupleTableSlot code, I noticed that the
> field "tts_tuple" mentioned in the comment has been removed in the higher
> version, but it still exists in the comment.
> location:
>
> https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/src/include/executor/tuptable.h
> src/include/executor/tuptable.h:71
> src/include/executor/tuptable.h:271

Good catch. This should be a minor oversight in 4da597ed, in which the
TupleTableSlot implementation has been splitted into different slot
types, and tts_tuple has been removed from TupleTableSlot struct.

Besides, at tuptable.h:71, I think TTS_SHOULDFREE should be
TTS_FLAG_SHOULDFREE.

Thanks
Richard