Re: relfrozenxid may disagree with row XIDs after 1ccc1e05ae

From: Bowen Shi <zxwsbg12138(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: relfrozenxid may disagree with row XIDs after 1ccc1e05ae
Date: 2024-05-15 02:43:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 7:33 AM Melanie Plageman <
> melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Are you reproducing the hang locally with my repro? Or do you have
> your own repro? How are you testing pg_terminate_backend() and seeing
> that the InterruptHoldoffCount is 1?

I noticed this problem occurring several times on PG16, but I didn't use
your repro, and haven't found a way to reproduce the problem. Instead, I
simply force the vacuum to enter a retry loop with the following code and
found InterruptHoldoffCount is 1.

// if (unlikely(res == HEAPTUPLE_DEAD))
goto retry;

Sorry, I should have mentioned that patch was against REL_14_STABLE.
> Attached patch has the same functionality but should apply cleanly
> against REL_15_STABLE.

Thanks, I would try that.

--
Regards