server registration problems

From: Ivan Pašić <ivanpasic(dot)zd(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: server registration problems
Date: 2012-12-20 07:59:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I installed postgresql 8.4 and I set port number in installation as
5432. I also installed PostGIS and everything was working well. But now I
wanted to create new server with port number 54321 but I can't do it
because it gives me error ''Server doesn't listen''. I was reading about
that in the postgre documentation, I know that I must set
listen_addresses='*' but it's already done, so I really don't know where is
a problem. Probably it's because i put port number as 5432 in installation
process but is there no way to add lately new server with different port??
I would really appreciate if you could help me. Thank you very much!