Advise on how to install pl/perl on existing DB.

From: David Gauthier <davegauthierpg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Advise on how to install pl/perl on existing DB.
Date: 2020-05-26 16:32:27
Lists: pgsql-general

psql (9.6.0, server 11.3) linux

Hi:
I'm a PG users who has asked our IT team to install pl/perlu on an existing
9.6.0 instance on linux. They really don't know how to approach this.
Could someone point me to a good step-by-step (including ptrs to any
downloads they may need) ?

Also, when they do this, will it require DB downtime ?

Thanks in Advance !