Re: pgAdmin Server Connection Issue

From: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Daniel Wilson <licensedtogetpaid(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin Server Connection Issue
Date: 2021-03-01 04:29:55
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Daniel,

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 10:40 PM Daniel Wilson <licensedtogetpaid(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hello PostgreSQL:
>
> I have downloaded PostSQL on my Windows 10 Toshiba Satellite C55 -
> B3535 Laptop, and I am receiving the following error messages
> upon the startup of pgAdmin4:
>
> "Failed to open the system by default browser. Is one installed?" "Fatal
> Error: The pgAdmin4 server cannot be contacted."

pgAdmin <v4.30 required that you set the default browser in your system.
Not the case with pgAdmin >=v5.0.
I would suggest you to not to install pgAdmin from the postgresql installer
but try separately from https://www.pgadmin.org/download/

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal