Re: Missing Feature

From: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Doug Reed <r(dot)douglas(dot)reed(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing Feature
Date: 2019-10-17 05:48:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Doug,

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 1:04 AM Doug Reed <r(dot)douglas(dot)reed(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I really hated PGAdmin 4 at first because it was so broken compared to
> PGAdmin 3, but now it has progressed to the level that it is really quite
> usable, and I congratulate all of the developers for their hard work! I
> see people complain about the tool, but I would like to give praise for the
> work that has been done. I am a developer, so I know how hard it is to
> implement something as complex as PGAdmin.
>
> There is still one feature that PGAdmin 3 had that I really miss. In 3, I
> could edit a table and select a row and 'copy' it, then in a second table,
> I could select the empty row at the end of the table and paste, which was
> an easy way to insert a missing row from possibly a development Database to
> the Production one, for example.

Could you please raise a feature request here -
https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4/issues/new

> There is also one really problematic issue when using Safari on a Mac, I
> don't know if it affects other browsers as opening a PGAdmin window on a
> Mac always opens in Safari (I think it might be able to be changed, but I
> am OK with it as it is). The issue is that one can 'detach' the window
> into a floating window, but there is no means to put it back! In earlier
> releases, it used to save the detached window configuration somehow, and
> from then on, the window was forever a floating window. I believe this has
> been fixed, because the last time I accidentally detached the window, I
> simply closed it and opened a new one and it was again part of the active
> frame. In any case, this is a real annoyance, and I can find no way to
> undo the detachment other than closing the windows and starting over.

Yes this is an issue. The problem is with the underlying library which is
used for docking/undocking. Until we figure out the solution, there is
workaround for it. You could dock back single tabs one by one. Other
solution would be to use File->Reset layout. Please note, this would reset
the complete pgAdmin layout to defaults.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Aditya Toshniwal