Missing Feature

From: Doug Reed <r(dot)douglas(dot)reed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Missing Feature
Date: 2019-10-16 19:34:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

All,

I really hated PGAdmin 4 at first because it was so broken compared to
PGAdmin 3, but now it has progressed to the level that it is really quite
usable, and I congratulate all of the developers for their hard work! I
see people complain about the tool, but I would like to give praise for the
work that has been done. I am a developer, so I know how hard it is to
implement something as complex as PGAdmin.

There is still one feature that PGAdmin 3 had that I really miss. In 3, I
could edit a table and select a row and 'copy' it, then in a second table,
I could select the empty row at the end of the table and paste, which was
an easy way to insert a missing row from possibly a development Database to
the Production one, for example.

There is also one really problematic issue when using Safari on a Mac, I
don't know if it affects other browsers as opening a PGAdmin window on a
Mac always opens in Safari (I think it might be able to be changed, but I
am OK with it as it is). The issue is that one can 'detach' the window
into a floating window, but there is no means to put it back! In earlier
releases, it used to save the detached window configuration somehow, and
from then on, the window was forever a floating window. I believe this has
been fixed, because the last time I accidentally detached the window, I
simply closed it and opened a new one and it was again part of the active
frame. In any case, this is a real annoyance, and I can find no way to
undo the detachment other than closing the windows and starting over.

--
Regards,

Doug