Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1268 - Add a Help button to the bottom left of the Wizard framework

From: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1268 - Add a Help button to the bottom left of the Wizard framework
Date: 2016-06-08 13:55:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Please find attached patch
*Issue: *Make the grant wizard dialogue non-modal.

I have set two properties in dialog options:
a) modal: false
b) pinnable: false (setting modal to false adds pin to the title which is
not needed).

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Surinder Kumar <
surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 6:40 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Surinder Kumar
>> <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

>> that
>> on
>> help

>> > It looks to me same as in screenshot when I opened grant wizard on
>> Firefox.
>> > But after clearing the browser cache, it shows help button.
>> > please try after clearing cache. if issue still persist let me know.
>>
>> Hmm, we probably need to figure out a way to fix that - end users are
>> likely to have issues following upgrades (shift+reload doesn't work -
>> it really does need a cache clear).
>>
>> OK, I've committed the patch as-is, however the fact that the Wizard
>> is modal is still a problem because the user cannot read the help
>> without closing the wizard. Can you fix that please?
>>
> yes, I will send the patch to make grant wizard non-modal.
>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
set_dialog_to_non_modal.patch application/octet-stream 1.4 KB