Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1478 - Make code mirror text editor keyboard shortcuts consistent irrespective of platform type

From: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1478 - Make code mirror text editor keyboard shortcuts consistent irrespective of platform type
Date: 2016-08-08 13:34:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

This patch contains following changes:

1. Add "*editor_shortcut_keys*" variable to *pgAdmin.Browser* in
*browser.js* object to make it accessible to all pgAdmin modules.
2. Apply shortcuts keys to following code mirror instances:

a) Query tool, Query filter & Datagrid.
b) Debugger tool.
c) Sql Panel.
d) SqlTab & SqlField Controls.

Please find updated patch and review.

On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Surinder Kumar <
surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 8, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Surinder Kumar
>> <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

>> > To apply the same shortcuts to other codemirror instances(e.g:
>> > SqlTabControl) we just need to set a parameter
>> > extraKeys: pgAdmin.editor_shortcut_keys for every codemirror instance.
>> > As of now, shortcuts are applicable to query tool & data filter.
>> >
>> > Also, we need to define pgAdmin.editor_shortcut_keys variable in
>> server.js
>> > instead of sqleditor.js to work it for
>> > other code mirror instances.
>>
>> OK, please update the patch to do that.
>>
>> Can you get that to me in the next hour or so? I'd like to include it in
>> beta 4.
>>
> ​Sure.​

>> code-mirror

>> are

>> in

>> It is
>> is

>> is
>> and

>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM1478_v2.patch application/octet-stream 4.7 KB