Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM1683 - Reverse engineered SQL for function ALTERs/ACLs is incorrect with OUT parameters

From: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM1683 - Reverse engineered SQL for function ALTERs/ACLs is incorrect with OUT parameters
Date: 2016-09-12 10:57:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

I forgot to remove a line args_without_name += ', ' from the code in
previous patch, thus it adds extra commas into the function arguments in
case of procedures only.
It is now fixed.
Please find updated v2 patch and review.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 3:54 PM, Surinder Kumar <
surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> This patch doesn't fix the issue in Procedure node. I will send updated
> patch.
>
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 3:12 PM, Surinder Kumar <
> surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please find attached patch with fix.
>> *Changes:*
>> 1) Take a list of "function argument types", create a string separated by
>> comma(removing trailing comma).
>> 2) Function arguments in ALTER and GRANT not necessarily to have *argument
>> mode, name, *they are optional. Only type is required.
>> Now GRANT statement is represented as
>>
>> *GRANT EXECUTE ON FUNCTION test_schema.test_func(integer, integer,
>> integer) TO postgres *as in pgadmin3.
>>

>> Please review.

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM1683_v2.patch application/octet-stream 3.8 KB