Recommendation to run vacuum FULL in parallel

From: Perumal Raj <perucinci(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Recommendation to run vacuum FULL in parallel
Date: 2019-04-03 05:50:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi ALL

We are planning to reclaim unused space from 9.2 Version postgres Cluster,

Method : VACUUM FULL
DB Size : 500 GB
Expected space to reclaim 150 GB
work_mem : 250 MB
maintenance_work_mem : 20 GB

*Question :*

1. vacuumdb --j option (Parallel) not available for version 9.2.
How to run vacuum full in parallel ? At present its taking 8Hrs if i run
sequential ( vacuum full verbose;)

2. If we run vacuum full, Do we need to run REINDEX/ANALYZE exclusively ?

3. What is the best way to run VACUUM FULL with less window.

Thanks,
Raj