[Pljava-dev] Strange error on linux but not on windows

From: vorarlberger at gmail(dot)com (Vorarlberger)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Strange error on linux but not on windows
Date: 2011-09-24 11:08:13
Lists: pljava-dev

Thanks!

And, I fail to see why would you want to run postgres on a low port?

I do not really want to run postgres on a low port. I want to grap http(s)
content trough a java function (in detail I want to use htmlunit). It seems
that hmtlunit is opening a socket connection reader on ports 80/443 which
pljava does not like. I just made a guess that this depends on the "only
root can open low port sockes" thing - because its no problem doing this on
my windows develop environment. So running postgres with root should just be
the proof for that :-)

Thanks
Chris