[Pljava-dev] Strange error on linux but not on windows

From: vorarlberger at gmail(dot)com (Vorarlberger)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Strange error on linux but not on windows
Date: 2011-09-24 07:20:59
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Johann

I wannted to track down details into this issue so ... I have tried several
ways to get pg_ctl run with root provileges. And I have also tried to bypass
the ports < 1024 issue with tools like privbind or setcap. I had no success

Today I have filed a bug (#1011095) and hope you can implement a fix. As a
workaround (if someone has a similar problem) you can use a proxy server
(i.e. polipo) and redirect all connections on a port > 1024. This is working
very well.

Thanks and cheers
Chris